10.11.2016

Week 8 Growth Mindset

I feel that I do well with about half of the growth dimensions listed on the website like motivating myself, setting my own goals, and wanting to try new things. However, the other half of the list are things that I could still improve on including feeling bored with my learning, wanting to do things correctly the first time, and feeling defensive about my mistakes.

I have a bad case of senioritis already that is becoming more and more difficult to fight off. Additionally, I am continuing through the medical school application process which I am highly motivated to do and do well, but this distracts me from work and school. I do seem to incorporate more of a growth mindset at work right now because I have just received a promotion.

Hopefully as I go on through the semester and I finish my application essays and work training, I will be able to focus more on my classes and growing as much as I can for them.

Image: The more you learn, the more places you'll go, Growth Mindset Memes

4 comments:

  1. First off, you go for having the strength to go the med school route. I too am a pre-med student so I will be busy preparing. I wish the best in your journey. Second, congrats on your promotion! I hope that as the semester starts to settle down, you will be able to complete all of which you need to and be able to focus on other things that are also important to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting the promotion! I can only imagine how difficult and time-consuming your medical school applications must be! I have quite a few friends that are applying and I know that it is not easy. Senioritis is certainly real, but I have faith that you'll be able to power through and come out stronger on the other end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting a promotion is so great! It's sometimes difficult balencing school and work but it seems like you're on the right track. With hard work comes great reward and it will be worth it in the end so just keep fighting your senioritis. Don't worry about making mistakes, it's apart of life. Although it is frustrating to make mistakes we do learn from them and grow into better people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan! Yes, senioritis is setting in really hard right now. You wrote this post in Week 8, so I can't imagine how much worse it's gotten in recent weeks. Congrats on your promotion! It sounds like you're struggling to juggle work and school, but I'm glad you're passionate about med school enough to power through these difficult times. Stick with it and good luck on finals!

    ReplyDelete