10.03.2016

Reading Notes: Epify Mahabharata Video, Part A

I really like these videos. They reminded me of a lot of the cool stories before the Pandavas came along.

I particularly forgot about King Shantanu and his sons with the goddess of the Ganges. I can only imagine what the citizens of Hastinapur were thinking of their queen throughout this time. If they knew, I'm sure there were vicious rumors of insanity and evil manipulation of the king.

There were also new aspects to the stories that the public domain didn't include like Amba going in search of a sage to fight for her. It is crazy to think that Bhishma could be locked in battle for twenty- three days!

Speaking of Bhishma, I'm thinking about giving his story a twist so that I can somehow include him on my dating website. He just seems like such an admirable character. It's a shame that he dies the way he does without ever knowing romantic love.

I do really enjoy the love story of Gandhari and Dhritarashtra. I think it's so romantic that she not only knew she would marry a blind man, but devoted herself fully to  him despite her father and brother's disapproval. I think they would make a lovely testimonial story for my project.

Bibliography: Epified Mahabharata Videos Part A, Web Source
Image: Ghandari explains to Dhritarashtra, Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment