9.05.2016

Reading Notes: Public Domain Ramayana, Section C


  • The feud between Sugriva and Vali saddens me very much because I couldn't imagine being so violent against my own sister. It always breaks my heart to see families tear each other apart. I wonder how things would have turned out if Vali had listened to his wife, Tara, instead of fighting Sugriva and Rama.
  • I also wonder what Rama must think of all this since he is so close to his own brother. What thoughts were going through his head when he killed Vali?
  • Rama's Lament is very beautiful and moving. I don't think I could write anything to match it, but it would be fun to write a poem about someone I miss.
  • Jatayu and Sampati's story also touches me ( and it seems like brothers are the theme for today). I might like to rewrite their story as if they were humans in modern times.
  • I might also like to rewrite the moment Hanuman found Sita surrounded by all of the beastly rakshasis. A poem could capture the perfect imagery.
  • Again, there is a fatal conflict between brothers at the end with Vibhishana and Ravana.
Bibliography: Public Domain Ramayana, Web Source
Image: Hanuman Finding Sita in the Ashoka Grove and Shows her Rama's Ring, Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment